Admission to Abbotsford
To be admitted to Abbotsford, patients must meet our inclusion criteria:
- 18 years or over.
- Ambulatory and self-caring with respect to showering, feeding and toileting.
- Physically well enough to not need general hospital care.
- Mentally and cognitively well enough to manage in an open voluntary hospital where patients are free to exercise, socialise and dine out of the hospital, if they wish, after their daily therapy concludes.
- Suffering a mental, psychological or social issue requiring hospitalisation.
- Under the care of an accredited medical practitioner.
- Preferably, a member of a private health insurance fund.
Abbotsford is a preferred provider with most private health insurers, for inpatient and day patient care. Coverage is dependent on a patient’s level of cover with their fund. We recommend contacting us and your health fund in advance to discuss the proposed treatment and any related expenses.
Our patient coordinators can answer any questions you may have, as well as discuss the referral process and treatment to suit you. We also offer support programs for carers and family members of people experiencing mental health issues.