Planning your stay
In planning your stay, we kindly ask that you:
- Limit your belongings to one small-to-medium suitcase. We will require surplus belongings to be returned home immediately.
- Understand that surplus belongings will not be stored at the hospital for any period of time.
- Please do not bring in computer printers, keyboards or musical equipment. Computers should be limited to small laptops. You are responsible for any property brought into the hospital.
- Please do not bring in exercise weights or equipment.
- Do not bring in your own food. A small drinks’ fridge is available in the patient lounge, for beverages only.
- Please follow our Code of Conduct. You will be given access to a copy of the Code on arrival.
- Do not become involved in the treatment or recovery journey of other patients. This includes sharing information such as mobile phone numbers.
- Acknowledge that presenting for admission whilst intoxicated may result in your admission being postponed or cancelled.
In the interests of Infection Control and safety for all the following items will not be allowed to be brought into the hospital:
- throw rugs
- doonas, bedspreads and/or quilts
- bed linen
- pillows and cushions
- soft toys
- stuffed toys
We respectfully ask that you help us to keep everyone safe by not bringing these items with you as requests for them to be returned home may offend.
Should any of these items be brought to the hospital a request will be made for immediate removal or disposal.
Please bring the following items with you for your stay:
- All current medications and scripts.
- Medicare card.
- Pensioner/Concession cards.
- Private health insurance card.
- Credit/debit card (this may be needed for your pharmacy account).
- $30 in cash as a deposit bond for a locker/drawer (this is optional, but a key cannot be issued without a deposit). This bond also covers the TV remote control. These items must be present on discharge for return of bond payment.
- Comfortable day clothes. Please do not bring in clothing with offensive images or slogans, or images of alcohol/substances.
- Nightwear. As an inpatient, you will be required to wear pyjamas or suitable clothing to sleep in at night.
- Your own toiletries (sharps must be kept in a lockable container).
- Cigarettes are permitted in a small smoking area, but this is a privilege and not a right. We ask that your time in this area is kept to a minimum. Please note: eCigarettes (and variations) are not permitted. Read our smoking rules here.