Planning your stay
In planning your stay, we kindly ask that you:
- Limit your belongings to one small-to-medium suitcase. We will require surplus belongings to be returned home.
- Do not bring excess property with you. Please do not bring in computer printers, keyboards or musical equipments. Computers should be limited to small laptops. You are responsible for any property brought into the hospital.
- Do not bring in your own food. A small drinks’ fridge is available in the patient lounge, for beverages only.
- Please follow our Code of Conduct. You will be given a copy of the Code on arrival.
- Do not become involved in the treatment of other patients.
- Acknowledge that presenting for admission whilst intoxicated may result in your admission being postponed or cancelled.
Please bring the following items with you for your stay:
- All current medications and scripts.
- Medicare card.
- Pensioner/Concession cards.
- Private health insurance card.
- Credit/debit card (this may be needed for your pharmacy account).
- $30 in cash as a deposit bond for a locker/drawer (this is optional, but a key cannot be issued without a deposit). This bond also covers the TV remote control. These items must be present on discharge for return of bond payment.
- Comfortable day clothes. Please do not bring in clothing with offensive images or slogans, or images of alcohol/substances.
- Nightwear. As an inpatient, you will be required to wear pyjamas at night.
- Your own toiletries (sharps must be kept in a lockable container).
- Small quantities of washing powder for use in the laundry.
- Cigarettes are permitted in a small smoking area, but this is a privilege and not a right. We ask that your time in this area is kept to a minimum. Read our smoking rules here.