Family and carers are a valuable part of the Abbotsford team. Our intent is to include loved ones in a patient’s treatment throughout their admission or time with us. We greatly value your support.
We welcome and encourage visitors to support their friend or family member during their stay. In order for each inpatient to maximise their wellness program, we have strict limitations on visiting hours.
Monday to Friday > 4pm to 8pm
Weekends & Public Holidays > 10am to 8pm
- All visitors are required to present to hospital reception during office hours and to our nurse base after hours.
- We respectfully request you comply with all hospital policies and protocols whilst on site.
- Please do not visit someone in our hospital if you feel unwell, have a cold, have been vomiting or had diarrhoea. Read more below about our Infection Control policy.
- Please follow our hand hygiene rules, outlined below.
- Limit the number of visitors attending at any one time. If you are planning to bring children with you, please ensure they are supervised at all times.
- We ask that property, shopping or items brought in for patients are presented to our nursing staff in the first instance.
There is ample paid parking facilities directly opposite the hospital on Cambridge Street.
The hospital is centrally located and is serviced by the Fremantle and Perth train lines. The closest train stations are West Leederville and Leederville. A bus stop is also situated directly in front of the hospital. Transperth Bus Route 86 travels down Cambridge Street at regular intervals.
Our infection control management is based on standards of the Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Healthcare. Patients as well as carers and supporters are asked to respect our rules in relation to preventing the spread of infection.
We ask that both patients and visitors use hand hygiene products placed throughout the facility. You will find them in general areas such as our reception, lounge areas and hallways, as well as outside patient rooms. We strongly encourage you to use the products on entering the hospital, before and after entering a patient room, and on leaving the hospital.
Smoking is recognised as a health hazard, but we also recognise the choice of individuals to do so.
Smoking is strictly prohibited within the hospital, including in rooms, bathrooms and verandahs. A designated smoking area with ashtrays is provided and is the only area where smoking is allowed at Abbotsford.
It is not an area for socialising and we ask that time spent there be kept to a minimum.